Saturday, August 01, 2009

About customs and such

Jesus was certainly not against all forms of rituals
Jesus spoke frequently against the traditions of men, especially against religious habits without a proper and pure attitude. He endorsed a living relationship with the heavenly Father as the pillar for a life of faith! Although Jesus was commonly known as a revolutionary teacher and preacher in His days, He was certainly not against all forms of rituals. In Mark 10:1 we can read the following,

Again crowds of people came to Him, and as was His custom, He taught them.

As was His custom... It is evident from this account that Jesus had developed some positive habits. We know, for example, that He got up early in the mornings to pray and that He enjoyed solitude in order to speak with His Father. In this scripture we see that it was also His custom to teach, whenever people gathered around Him. Teaching was His passion. While I was meditating on this I wondered: what kind of customs do I have? Have I developed some Jesus-like habits that will set me apart from the rest of the crowd?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have any Jesus like habits aside from wanting to share all my thoughts about God and Jesus. Yes I need solitude to be alone with God. Well, maybe I have two but I will need to work on more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well... you're humble! That counts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.