Thursday, July 23, 2009

Speak with purpose!

Do we speak words of life and truth?
When Jesus spoke, all the people hung on his words (Luke 19:48). He didn’t always say what they wanted to hear or what they were accustomed to hear, but somehow His words were interesting and thought provoking. That makes me think…
Do people listen with interest when I speak? Do I speak words of life and truth? This is certainly one area in our daily existence that needs constant guidance and correction. If we speak, we should do it with His example in mind. Personally, I want people to walk away elevated, encouraged and enlightened after we had a conversation; not wondering what in the world that was all about. I will try to speak with purpose! Colossians 4:6 calls us,

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, That hit me where it hurt!!!!
    I am too inclined to have a whinge about my troubles.
    I am going in for an attitude transplant.
    Thanks for that nudge from God , Marja,
    Blessings,
    Wyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, an attitude transplant! That is kind of a funny thought Wyn, I wish it was that easy (although operations/transplants aren't easy). An attitude change is a long process. Thinka bout Romans 12:2, we need a transformation in our thinking!
    Thanks Wyn, I am glad we can speak courage to each other this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooo that's good! I hate it when I realize I've been negative. You are an encourager for sure - thanks always!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to think about.
    Do I speak words of life and truth?

    I will try, we will see you soon, I hope you recognize it.

    Kind regards and the shalom

    Piet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Piet/Anneke, thanks for visiting my blog! See you Saturday...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.