Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Prayer against fear

Jesus had some weird messages
One of Jesus’ boldest statements and commands can be captured in two words: ‘fear not’. His words almost sound like a cruel joke. Fear not? That’s like telling someone who is sinking not to drown. One look at today’s headlines tells me there are many things to fear, such as epidemics, terrorism, foreclosures, and cancer, just to name a few. Only a heart of stone would be untouched and unshaken by such scares. So, was Jesus mistaken or did He take things too lightly? I don’t think so, His messages were sometimes weird, but always serious; don’t fear the things of the world, fear God! Put all of your energy there!
David prayed sincerely

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
(Psalm 86:11)

May that be your prayer today!

4 comments:

  1. Marja,
    That is a wonderful thought about Jesus'messages.
    He has been impressing on me so much lately that fear is lack of trust. I had fallen into a cycle of dreading just about everything I had to face in life.
    Thank you for being God's messenger.
    Love and blessings,
    Wyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great Wyn how He impresses His thoughts on both of us, though miles apart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is my prayer today! Very timely post - a tap on the shoulder to remind us.. "oh yeah, we don't need to fear these things!"

    Blessings to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the scripture that I used with some ladies I teach ... we studied the Fear of God, and not fearing man. Thanks for sharing this message--"fear not". We need to be women of courage today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.