Do you enjoy this blog series as much as I do? We are learning more about who Jesus Christ is, all based on Colossians 1: 15-20. It is wonderful what we have read so far:
- Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.
- He is the first-born Son, superior to all created things.
- For through him God created everything in heaven and on earth, the seen and the unseen things, including spiritual powers, lords, rulers, and authorities. God created the whole universe through him and for him.
- Christ existed before all things, and in union with him all things have their proper place.
- And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
And there is more revelation! Let's take a look at verse 19:
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
The NKJV says: For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell. Even if we struggle to know God, even if He seems too mysterious to comprehend ... we can look at the life of Jesus (👉that is: read the gospels!) to find out who God really is. Jesus came to earth and lived among the people. He brought that mysterious, great and awesome God right in their midst.
Yes, Immanuel ... He is truly 'God with us'.