Thursday, December 27, 2007

Reflection on 2007

Traversing the distance
A few days before ringing in a brand new year, I always enjoy looking back at the previous 12 months. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Sometimes we might feel we're not moving, we're not traversing the distance. That is... until we stop and look back and notice where we've come from! I encountered that many times in the natural, while hiking difficult mountain trails. I encounter it also in my work. I feel I am only at the very beginning of my journey as an author; yet when I look back, I can clearly see the long and winding trail I have been following. 2007 was the year in which I had my 2nd book published while my 1st book came out as audio book. It was the year in which the production of my 3rd book began and a contract for another audio book has been signed. It was also the year in which I carefully entered the world of free lance writing. I am very thankful that I was given a monthly column in a National Christian Magazine in Holland. It inspires and encourages me to move more boldly towards writing on an international level as well. All in all I can look back at a productive year again. I am slowly getting established in the world of writing and publicing. It sure is not an easy thing to do but I know that I am not alone in this. I am always reminded of Jesus' words in John 15:5, apart from Me you can do nothing. Everything I do is because of Him! This word and His Word alone is the assurance for my victory!

1 comment:

  1. What a great promise to bring in the new year! It was a pleasure meeting you (quite some time ago) at the Teen Challenge meeting in Ventura... and a privilege to glean from your writings. May the Lord continue to bless you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.