Wednesday, June 07, 2023

The value of listening (4)

According to the writings in the book of Proverbs, listening to wisdom (listening to Jesus, to His Word, to the Holy Spirit) has great benefits. Proverbs 1:33 says,

But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.

Oh, to be untroubled... don't you love that idea?

Let's move on to chapter 4 in the book of Proverbs. The heading in my NLT Bible says 'A Father's Wise Advice'. I love that chapter. It speaks so much about life 💖. Let's stop at verses 20,21 and 22 and listen:

My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.

Listen carefully to my words. Father God is calling you and me today to listen, just as much as Salomon called his children to listen thousands of years ago.

God's words bring life to those who find them. We can find words everywhere today; in the newspaper, on television, on the internet, in books, and in magazines. And yes, these words can be encouraging, inspiring, and uplifting. But none have the power to bring life. None have the power to bring healing to our whole body!

I have a deep desire to listen to His words. I hope that is your deepest desire as well. The benefits are eternally good!

2 comments:

  1. Marja: I find your message so encouraging. Peace and blessing to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, this is my prayer... that I might encourage someone each day!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.