Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The value of listening (3)

'The value of listening to God's wisdom is tremendous', I wrote in my previous blog post.

In the book of Proverbs, wisdom is calling and because Jesus is the wisdom of God for us (1 Corinthians 1:30), I feel free to say that it is Jesus beckoning us.

Come and listen to my counsel. I'll share my heart with you and make you wise (Proverbs 1:23).

Jesus wants to share His heart 💗 with us and make us wise. We would be insane to say no to His invitation, wouldn't we?

Of course, from a human point of view, we can go to school, study, and learn all we want... but in a sense we will just gather knowledge and more knowledge. There is nothing wrong with that, but true wisdom is divine in nature.

According to the writings in the book of Proverbs, listening to wisdom (listening to Jesus, to His Word, to the Holy Spirit) has great benefits indeed. I love how that first chapter ends (Proverbs 1:33),

But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.

I just love that and I receive that word in my heart! Listening to all the voices in the world screaming for our attention will make us restless, worried, distressed, and fearful. Listening to Him will give us peace!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Marja, for this post. I need to follow the scriptures that you have cited. Peace and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Cecelia, these scriptures about listening and gaining wisdom (and peace!) are such a treasure to me, I hope you will experience that as well!

      Delete
  2. The words of wisdom are very attractive - if our ears are duly opeed to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly attractive David, I pray more people would see that! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.