Thursday, June 15, 2023

The value of listening (5)

Father God is calling you and me today to listen, just as much as Salomon called his children to listen thousands of years ago.

Every time I read 'Listen' in the Book of Proverbs, that's what I do. I stop reading and I listen. I wait before reading on, quieting my mind. 

Oh, we have such a tendency (I know I have) to read too fast, almost hurrying through the pages. Well, with the Book of Proverbs, you can't. Let's take a look at Proverbs 8;6-7,

Listen to me! For I have important things to tell you. Everything I say is right, for I speak the truth and detest every kind of deception.

Wisdom, Jesus Christ the wisdom of God, is calling us to listen. He wants to share important things with us. How wonderful, how exciting! I whisper a short breath prayer before moving on... Holy Spirit, talk to me.

We could walk through all 31 chapters of Proverbs and find more benefits of listening, of tuning our ears to wisdom. But you get the point. The value of listening is just as big as the value of reading. Let's practice both!

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful (Proverbs 16:20).

2 comments:

  1. We must listen to God as we read His word. He tells us important things to keep us safe and to allow us to grow in our faith. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading and listening, listening and reading... that's it, a beautiful rythm. Thanks for stopping by Cecelia.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.