Wednesday, June 28, 2023

The source of my happiness

Earlier this year we were traveling in Portugal and we came to this small village where we wandered through the sun-scorched streets until we came to a little square with an 18th-century fountain. A great place to fill up our water bottles.

Most towns and villages in Portugal have water fountains, but this one caught our attention because of the cross on top. It reminded us that Jesus is the source of living water. Living water yes, and so much more than that. I think you will appreciate this reminder:
  • You are the source of all life, and because of your light we see the light (Psalm 36:9)
  • I will go to your altar, O God; you are the source of my happiness (Psalm 43:4)
  • You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope (Psalm 119:114)
  • The Lord is the source of all my righteousness and strength (Isaiah 45:24)
  •  And he will be the source of peace (Micha 5:5)
  • The Word was the source of life, and this life brought light to people (John 1:4)
  • And God, our source of peace, will soon crush Satan under your feet (Romans 16:20)
  • God, the source of hope (Romans 15:13)
  • God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3)
  • Jesus became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him (Hebrews 5:9)
Why go somewhere else to find peace, hope, comfort, life, and happiness if we can find it all in Him? Let's be careful not to fill our buckets with muddy waters that will do nothing but harm us in the end. 

👉Jesus wants to give us living water so that we can become fountains! John 7:38, Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for to write this inspirational phrases. They are light, and give calm of mind, and calm of spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I am glad it helped you!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.