Wednesday, January 11, 2023

My #oneword for 2023

Why pick a word for a whole year? I have no idea how it started or who started it, but as far as I know, many bloggers pick, choose, or receive a word for the upcoming year. Yep, just one word.

A specific word can be really beneficial throughout the year, especially if the Holy Spirit has whispered it in our hearts, for He knows what the year will bring.

A specific word certainly helps to stay focussed, it provides for blog topics, and it can be very encouraging, as was the case with my #oneword in 2022 (which was 'renewal'). I kept getting back to it in my prayers and journaling. It was God's promise to me.

Somewhere towards the end of 2022, I got the feeling that my #oneword for this new year would be TRUST. Psalm 28:7 says:

The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

I trust Him with all my heart. So easy to say, so hard to do from day to day... or maybe that is just me 😇

Do you have a word for 2023? I would love to hear your story!

6 comments:

  1. I like your word, Trust! I also choose a word this year, inspired by the way bloggers were choosing a word! It is `heritage, inheritance`, Nachal, or Nachalah in Hebrew. I felt the LORD speaking something about that to me in my journey...I haven`t ever really kept up with a word over a year so will see how it goes! Blessings and Love to you on this wonderful walk of `trusting` in the LORD and drawing nearer to Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heritage, I like that Shayndel, we have a rich heritage in the Jewish faith and history, all the riches of the scriptures have been entrusted to us. I am curious to find out what the Lord will speak to you about that word!

      Delete
  2. My word for 2023 is "Forgiven" and its relatives. I have always been taken aback by Ephesians 4:32
    "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." Back in the fall, I read this passage and thought about the fact that God has forgiven me for so much. Peace and blessings as you "trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean no on your own understanding:"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the most powerful word, biblically speaking, that the world needs... next to love I think! A great word to meditate upon Cecelia, may it inspire and encourage you!

      Delete
  3. Trust is the perfect word, Marja! Mine is "mindful." Ironically, when we commit to being mindful of God's presence in our life, we can't help but trust in Him. Let us make the most of this new year He's blessed us with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, that is a good one Martha Jane, being mindful... having our minds full of the Lord's words and principles. Looking forward to any posts about this!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.