Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Glory to the Father (1)

My very first blog series this year will be about the glory that we can bring to God the Father. A fascinating topic that deserves a closer look.

👉I hope you will join me in the coming weeks.

The word 'glory' as found in the Bible has a wide range of meanings, such as praise, splendor, honor, and brilliance, all from the base meaning of the awesome light that radiates from God's presence and is associated with His acts of power, honor, and praise (source: Strongest Concordance).

Now, within Christianity, we often hear (or utter) the phrase: 'All glory goes to Jesus', and rightly so. But the Bible also speaks about Jesus bringing glory to the Father. It was His desire to bring glory to His Father and I think the same desire should live in the hearts of all the other children of God!

In this blog series, I want to specifically look into the glory that Jesus wants to bring to His Father as it is mentioned in John, chapters 14, 15, 16, and 17. In these chapters it becomes clear how Jesus wants to give glory to His Father and I believe His actions should greatly encourage us in our daily lives.

I will keep my posts short and I hope you will read along!

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading about "Glory". Peace and blessigs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you will join me in this series Cecelia. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I'm so looking forward to you new series on glory, Marja. We should all want to give God the glory in everything we think, say or do.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Martha Jane, I'll do my best to keep it practical!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.