Thursday, January 26, 2023

Glory to the Father (2)

'Jesus wants to bring glory to the Father', I wrote in my previous post. How do we know this? Let's take a look at His words as written down in John 14:12-14,

I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.

You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

If we ask for anything in the name of Jesus, He will do it. Why? 👉Because that way He can bring glory to the Father. Think about that, answering our prayers enables Jesus to bring glory to His Father.

Some translations say that the Father can be glorified in the Son. I find that a fascinating thought. It must be Jesus' joy to answer our prayers, doing what the Father wants Him to do! Again, you might wonder why. The Bible says it is God's desire that His will is being done on earth, as it is being done in heaven. No difference, just the same.

Oh my goodness, Jesus did the will of the Father, for sure. But what if we would do the will of the Father here on earth? We, as His sons and daughters, would also bring glory to our heavenly Father. What a joy that will be, for all of us 😁

His will is His Word (the Bible). Let me give you His will, the size of a refrigerator magnet:

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lord, let me do your will here on earth for the glory of God in all things! Give us the determination and commitment to never give up on prayer, knowing that is how we reach your heart and mind. Lord, please save us from this wicked generation!
    Blessings, Marja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and amen, that is the prayer we need!!

      Delete
  2. Last year, my word was purpose. I was uncertain of how God could use me. I found myself realizing that through all I have faced in my life these past few years that I could really pray for people. I also have known that I have the gift of encouragement. I find myself using both in trying to help people, as I can, through what the Lord has done. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying and encouragement, what a combination, priceless Cecelia, I know it for sure. Thank you for walking in the plan that the Lord has for you. Only heaven will reveal the impact your life had!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.