Friday, February 03, 2023

Glory to the Father (3)

In my previous post, I wrote that answering our prayers enables Jesus to bring glory to His Father. A wonderful thought and the desire of His heart.

I furthermore reasoned that it would be wonderful for all the sons and daughters of God (us) to bring glory to our heavenly Father. How? By doing His will on earth as it is in heaven.

Now Jesus knew this to be true as well. He told His disciples (John 15:8):

👉When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.

We are asked to produce MUCH fruit, not just a little. What does it mean to produce fruit? In my humble opinion, it means that godly character is visible in our lives, in the things we do or say (read Galatians 5:22-25). People will see God through us, just as they saw the Father through Jesus when He walked the earth.

We can do many things, good works even, but only if inspired by Jesus will it count for eternity. He said: Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me (John 15:4).

He even goes on (verse 5) to say that apart from Him we can do nothing! Let me put it this way, trying to be fruitful outside of Him, is useless and a waste of time. It does not bring glory to the Father. But being true disciples does!

4 comments:

  1. Amen, Marja! Apart from being in Jesus, we cannot produce good fruit here on earth.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that is the key indeed Martha Jane. We might produce fruit, but GOOD fruit is something better!

      Delete
  2. God gives us certain gifts to use to enlarge His kingdom. When we use them as He directs, we produce fruit for Him. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Cecelia, it is His pleasure to give us these gifts... to be used for His glory!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.