Sunday, February 19, 2023

Glory to the Father (5)

To God belongs the glory, which basically means He deserves all honor. And 'He' is the Father, the Son, and the Spirit, of course. In this blog series, I highlighted the glory given to the Father.

If you want to learn more about the exchanging of honor and glory, please read chapters 14, 15, 16, and 17 of the Gospel of John over and over again. It will surely bless you.

I would like to end this blog series with the prayer of Jesus as recorded in John 17. Verse one says:

After saying all these things, Jesus looked up to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so he can give glory back to you.

Right until His final hours on earth, Jesus had the desire to give glory to His Father. He did not want to keep it for Himself. There was this constant exchange, which I find fascinating. Desiring to give back to God what we receive from Him in the first place. What if we lived our lives that way?

Jesus lived His life that way, for sure. In verse 4 He says:

I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.

Such marvelous words. Let's make them personal. The Lord has works to do for you and me, there is no doubt about it. He planned it that way (read Ephesians 2:10 in as many translations as you can)!

👉What is it He called you to do? I strongly believe we all have something particular to do, apart from the general works we are called to do as believers. If you don't know what it is, pray, seek Him, and ask Him. If you already do know what it is, do it. Stop procrastinating, stop making excuses. Pick it up again if you are discouraged. Let's bring glory to the Father here on earth by completing the work He gave us to do!


4 comments:

  1. I do know that God wants me to glorify Him through my writing, as much as I can, Marja. If you'd like to see the book series I've written, please visit www.gladetrilogy.wix.com/theglade
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Martha Jane, I will certainly check out your books. If they are paperback, I can probably order! Will let you know.

      Delete
  2. I am happy I found your blog, through a comment you left on a blog post about the Asbury Revival. The Scripture from Proverbs is so true world wide, every nation benefits from God's guidance. I live in the USA and we need revival, as countries around the world need it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. We need revival here as wel!!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.