Tuesday, January 04, 2022

My #oneword for 2022

For some reason or another, I received my #oneword for this year back in October 2021, on October 4th to be precise, which happens to be my birthday.

I wrote it down in my journal while Psalm 51:10 came to my mind: Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

I had been struggling with some health issues and that evening, when we went to bed, I told my husband he had to call an ambulance... I had so much pain, I thought I was going to die.

He prayed Psalm 91 over me, again and again, until I finally fell asleep. As always, the Word sustained me and the #oneword God gave me, turned out to be a huge encouragement to me. My #oneword for 2022 (that I needed that day back in October) is RENEWAL.

When that word popped up in my mind that autumn day, I thought 'Oh my goodness, what a refreshing thought!' Yes, I need renewal of strength (Isaiah 57:10), renewal of a steadfast spirit (Psalm 51:10), and renewal of my mind (Romans 12:2).

I am curious to find out in what other areas renewal will come. I'll keep you posted!
Do you have a #oneword for 2022?

4 comments:

  1. Marja: "Renewal" is a good word. We all need to be renewed from time to time. We all seek renewal of the church; we call it revival. God renews his blessings to us every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23). May God bless you as you explore your word for this year. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all need renewal Cecelia, and the church for sure. I was reminded today that God is always at work in us, a comforting thought! Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Dank je wel voor dit mooie en juiste stukje, dat je schreef. Wat dienen we een machtige God!
    Ik wens jullie in dit nieuwe jaar heel veel gezondheid en zegen toe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel Sjaan, dat is ook onze wens voor jou!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.