Sunday, January 23, 2022

Living by the Book in 2022

Before I was a believer, I thought that living according to biblical principles and values would be hard, that most fun things would be forbidden, and that life would be predictable and boring....

Oh, how wrong my thinking was! The opposite is true. Of course I had to renew my thinking on thousands of topics, followed by corresponding words and actions.

This new life turned out to be a completely different adventure than the ones I had lived until then, and I had lived many adventures, believe me.

The Christian life has many ups and downs and the Bible even warns us to expect trials and tribulations!  Which, by the way, will strengthen our faith and build endurance. But in a certain way 'living by the Book' has made my life easier.

Yeah, really. How? Well, there is no need for me to join every new hype and fad the world can come up with. Sticking with the Word of God means that opinions I have about creation, the climate, mankind, marriage, family life, work ethics, and so on, and so on, are based on that very same Word. They are not mine, they are His and that makes them eternal and thus extremely valuable.

👉What has living by the Book brought or taught you?

7 comments:

  1. God's values, not ours . . . Oh, how much easier it is is to live by His Word that makes sense of this crazy, fallen world than it is to lean upon our own understanding, Marja. God does give us abundant life through His Word.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that Martha, abundant life amidst the chaos in this world!

      Delete
  2. I have also found it easier to live by God's Word than by the world's. Those "latest" fads do more harm than people realize. God does tell us that we will have trouble in this world. He also tells us his mercies are new every day. I do not regret living by His word and following Him, my King.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Cecelia, I truly find it easier to live by the Word of God that never changes, although it is getting harder to face people who oppose the Truth.

      Delete
  3. Dear Marja, so nice to see your blog post when I was perusing Goodreads today, my faraway friend! For me living by the book has taught me God's unfailing, everlasting love and faithfulness. It is teaching me daily new things...how to endure difficulties with peace, how to experience joy even in suffering. God's Word keeps me fixed on a horizon beyond what we see- and teaches me how to hang on to hope in a world short on peace, hope and joy regardless of circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dawn, thank you for your valuable comment. I cannot even imagine what you are going through, hanging on to God's Word regardless of circumstances. May He keep you and protect you and give you peace!

      Delete
  4. "Thank you for nice information
    Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.