Saturday, October 23, 2021

The presence of God (2)

'God is omnipresent' I wrote in my previous blog. He is everywhere, even though we may not always experience it as such. As a matter of fact, we can sometimes even feel very, very alone.

On the other hand, it may just be so that in the past you were threathened with the fact that He is everywhere... 'Remember, God sees everything and He knows everything.'

As if He is always looking to see if He can catch us doing something wrong. Perhaps the psalmist felt that somewhat, for he wrote:

I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave,you are there. (Psalm 139:7-8). He wanted to hide from God, but realized he couldn't.

Actually, I really like the idea that God is omnipresent! He is Immanuel, God with us (Matthew 1:23). He is always near us and with us, He is for us and not against us. Frankly, I think that's a very nice thought. No matter how I feel, I'm never alone.

👉God around us, God with us... and God in us, that's how it is. Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ receives the Holy Spirit. Jesus promises: And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you (John 14:16-17).

God's glorious presence zoomed in from a universe level, from the heavens to our inmost being. What a miracle that is!

4 comments:

  1. Marja: Yes, God is omnipresent. A friend and I were talking on the phone last week. She expressed concern for her oldest son. On Sunday someone saw to it that he received the help he needed. She has had another concern about his housing for quite sometime. God has taken care of that need as well. Her son told her he would begin looking for another place to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He is everywhere and in everything that concerns us, no matter how big or small. That is our God!

      Delete
  2. For me, knowing that God is always with us, brings such comfort and peace, Marja. We are never alone.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are never alone, that is the comfort of every believer indeed!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.