Thursday, October 07, 2021

The presence of God (1)

God, the Creator of heaven and earth, is omnipresent. A difficult word maybe, but it simply means that He is everywhere. Of course He is, because He is not bound by place, time or dimension.

If God is omnipresent, why do Christians often talk about experiencing the presence of God? Shouldn't we be able to experience Him anytime, anywhere? Or, are there any specific moments, places, or occasions where His presence is more noticeable?

On the other hand, many people ask themselves 'where was God' when it comes to war, terrorism, violence, abuse, or other misery. On a personal level, where was He when I needed Him so much? Perhaps that is a question you have asked as well...

I've decided to write a few short, simple blogs about 'The Presence of God' in a new series. Sometimes we use such terms so easily, but what does it really mean? And where are all those people who experience God's presence just about every day? To be honest, sometimes I don't notice Him at all.

So, it will be good to think about this topic for a while. Will you join me?

6 comments:

  1. Marja: A very interesting theme. Yes, I will join you in this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cecelia, I am praying the series will bless and encourage you!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I will join too! Love the photo and touring from the heavenly view!!
    Thank you for inviting us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Joanne, may the series bless and inspire you!

      Delete
  3. I love how you tackle the more difficult issues of faith, Marja. Yes, I will stay tuned!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.