Sunday, May 31, 2020

Wisdom and truth are lacking on both sides

Surely, you must have some thoughts about the current protests and riots in the USA, Marja…

Well, yes. Or maybe, no. I don’t know, whether I should even write about events that make no sense at all, to begin with. 

Things have been labeled (without a second thought) racism, a battle between black and white. But you know what, now that you are asking... here's my two cents worth:

I don’t think it is.

This is not about being black or white at all. This is ultimately about good and evil. About darkness and light. As a white person, I am utterly ashamed about the lack of grace the officers showed. On the other hand, if I were a black person, I would be utterly ashamed of the way my brothers and sisters have been responding. Where does that leave us?

👉Wisdom and truth are lacking on both ‘sides’. We all fall short and that, exactly that, makes us all equal.

We need God! We need His mercy and forgiveness. We do not need more hatred or revenge. We need His love!

4 comments:

  1. I agree completely with you, Marja. There is something far more sinister going on behind these senseless, destructive riots. Praying daily to God that these will cease and our country can heal.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinister, that is quite the word yes. We need healing, our nations need healing, the world needs healing!

      Delete
  2. Marja, Thank you for your thoughts. Most of the people on the newscasts have pointed out that there are two groups involved, those who peacefully protest, during the day, and those who riot and loot, during the night. We TRULY need to pray for both groups and the policemen, and the military.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day and night, light and darkness indeed Cecelia. Prayers!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.