Thursday, March 03, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Wow! I just received the Stylish Blogger Award, all the way from New York City. How cool is that! The sky is the limit for us bloggers :) Check out the blog of this lady on a roof... She writes about her travels, her love for the Big Apple and shares her favorite restaurants with the readers.
I actually met her while she was fixing the roof of the Teen Challenge Center in Holland. She came to Holland on a short missions trip with a team from Times Square Church and did a great job of bringing joy, encouragement and practical help to the guys in the residential program! My husband and me were there as volunteers too and really enjoyed this young and enthousiastic group from New York! Thanks for the award Carolyne, I appreciate it!

I will pass this award on to my blogger friend Wyn, from downunder! Her blog Ponderings is a place I enjoy visiting. Wyn is a mother, grandmother and great grandmother who enjoys writing poems. I think she deserves an award!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Marja! Very well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, I am working on your questions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this award, Marja! You deserve it! How cool that you met Carolyne on this missions trip. And a shoutout to Wyn for earning this award as well! A job well done! Have a great weekend, my friend! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maria, I feel honored and blessed at the same time to be able to receive an award and to forward it all the way to Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness me! Thank you Marja for the award and congratulations on your award too!
    Poor wet and bedraggled Coffs Harbour and me are (or is that me Is?)very grateful.

    Have a wonderful weekend both here and on Facebook,
    Love,
    Wyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marja -

    Congrats on the award!

    I remember the days when David Wilkerson first came to NY and started Teen Challenge. (I was a mere child.) The ministry has helped many trapped by drugs.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have checked out the blog of
    this lady on a roof and am now a follower.
    I am attempting the other things but I am very unsure of myself on this!
    Wyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, we celebrated 50 years of Teen Challenge in 2008! Can you believe that? They are all over the world now, in ore than 80 nations! Yes, it started in New York! How awesome that you remember that!

    Wyn, your blog is my moment of pondering :) any time, any where. Thank you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.