Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why do the nations conspire?

We will see great changes...
Over the past few months I have written several times about the turmoil in our world. It is hard to make sense of all the drama and violence that is going on around the globe. For one thing, it urges me to read the Prophets in the Bible. No, not so that I can point a finger and condemn, but so that I may learn and know how to pray. Although I often do not understand all the doom and gloom in their messages, I can clearly see that in the end there is always hope for the people, for the nations.

Yesterday, one particular scripture in Zechariah 2:11 caught my attention: Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people. How awesome to read such a promise in the midst of all the uproar worldwide. It is God's plan and will that many nations, if not all, will become His people! It brought me back to the promise God gave Abraham, You will be the father of many nations (Genesis 17:4). Not just Israel (although they are His treasured possesion), but many nations, including all Arab nations. A little later God confirmed His words about Abraham and said, all nations on earth will be blessed through him (Genesis 18:18), and in saying this He was pointing to the Messiah who was to come from Abraham's bloodline.

God desires the nations! I believe that is why Jesus gave us the great commission: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations... (Matthew 28:19). We have a calling to disciple the nations, to share the love God has for them, however it may and can be done! Many people and nations do not want to hear that message, which is also something that has been foretold long ago. Among the signs of 'the end of the Age' is the fact that Believers will be hated by all nations because of Jesus (Matthew 24:9). That hatred should not scare us, it is all the more reason to see God at work in this world. The Bible reveals it over and over again, like I wrote at the beginning of this post: in the end there is always hope.

The last book in the Bible talks vividly about the battle for the nations, it also holds a precious promise and our hope in troubled times: All nations will come and worship before you (Revelation 15:4) We might not see it yet in the natural, but it has been foretold in the spiritual and it will happen! I really believe all the uprisings and turmoil and rebellion is because of what the prophets said so long ago. The book of Revelation holds some beautiful Messianic songs, one in the 5th chapter says:

...with your blood
you purchased men
for God
from every tribe
and language
and people
and nation.

When that realization begins to sink in, we will witness big changes around the world, especially in the Middle East!

PS: what is your prayer for the world? Any particular nation you frequently pray for?

12 comments:

  1. These are very difficult times we are living in. I think it is wise to read God's word and prepare and know what to do when trouble comes. Thank you for this post Marja :)

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Carolyne, prepared with our lamps burning!! Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the article was in the STAR about you and your books. I am going to order them and share them with our study group. I also created my first Blog for my photography by visiting your page! I have always wanted to andnow have ;) God is full of surprises, isn't He? I find your approach very peaceful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valery, I am so happy you were inspired to start a blog! I visited your blog, your photo's are awesome, I can relate to each picture, they are more than just beach scenes, they are beach stories. I LOVE it!
    You will find the books very useful for group studies! (Hope you don't mind thought provoking writing) Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment, it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I have hundreds of photographs, am learning to go further with them and believe in my dream. We go to Reality Church in Ventura, it's awesome. Are you kidding, do I mind thought provoking writing?! That is the best kind!
    What I read that you have written, we had just discussed in our home group Bible study...amazing, yet not surprising when God is involved ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought provoking writing is right! Great post Marja and responses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marja -

    A preacher I know was fond of saying, "In the end, we win."

    God will come out on top. He's clued us in on the end result.

    What's going on in the world gives me a sense of urgency to share the love of Jesus with others. As I've experienced in my own situation, life can change in a moment.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valerie, we have visited Reality several times, we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you here Lorrie!

    Thank you for your comment Susan, you are so right, it brings along a sense of urgency!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent post! So encouraging. I was sharing similar thoughts yesterday in the adult Sunday School class I teach. That it was God's plan all along that ALL nations would be His.

    My kids have been on short-term mission trips all over the world, and are involved in an outreach to Uganda. God is doing amazing things there!
    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Susan, thanks for your addition to this post! Yes, God loves all nations!
    PS: I just e-mailed you with a question...

    ReplyDelete
  12. very thought provoking post Marja.
    It is so easy to become depressed at the way the world is going but as you point out God is the victor and He wins in the end. Phew! What a relief.
    I pray for Australia Britain and the US and Canada but I also pray for all the Muslim dominated countries that individuals will see the Light of the World and change the world one soul at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.