Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Interview with Lynn Mosher

What did we do before blogging? Blogging has changed the way we communicate, express ourselves and get in contact with people all over the world. One of the first (if not THE first) blogs I signed up for was Lynn Mosher's blog Heading Home. I am sure many of you are familiar with her writings! Today, I have the privilege and honor to publish an interview with Lynn.

Please, introduce yourself... anything special we need to know about Lynn Mosher?
Let's see. I accepted Christ's offer of salvation when I was eleven years old at a Billy Graham crusade in New York City in 1957. I am now gray-headed enough to be a grandmother, will have been married to my sweet hubby for 45 years in July, have three great kids who have flown the coop, and two precious granddaughters. Oh, and a dog that drives me nuts!

To me you are the queen of bloggers :) Your blog was one of the first ones I signed up for. Please tell us how you started with the idea for Heading Home.
LOL! Thank you for the upgrade and crowning but I still consider myself a novice. After fybromyalgia hit my life in 2000, the Lord asked me to start writing for Him. I had no idea what would entail or what I would write. I wasn't a writer, but I guess the Lord thought I was. He led me to research the ancient Hebrew betrothal tradition and to write my first book Ready or Not...Here I come. In it, I uncover the twelve step process that holds profound, spiritual significance for those who are part of the Bride of Christ. The last step of the process is the wedding and the Bridegroom whisking away His Bride back to their home, which is a part of the Father's home. That inspired me to call my blog Heading Home.

What do you hope to accomplish when you write your devotionals?
I leave it all in God's hands. I have no illusions as to what I can accomplish, as Jesus said, "Apart from Me, you can do nothing." I obey by writing and He takes care of the rest. My prayer is always that whatever I write will encourage at least one heart that needs it in some way and will bring glory to the Lord.

You are very active on a variety of websites and blogs, how do you keep track of your writings and how do you schedule your work hours?
Since I have fibromyalgia and am also an empty-nester, I really have no schedule. The fibro causes comprehension and memory problems, so it takes me twice as much time, if not more, to write blog posts than it does others. Keeping track of all my writings is essential. I keep a Word file for each column I write, for all my blog posts with the titles and dates, and all the other submissions. I also keep a file in Excel , so that I can keep track of email addresses, what has been sent and when, what has been rejected, who to send my work to, etc. If I didn't have this, I would go crazy!

Your posts are often very timely, almost prophetic sometimes. is there a secret to keeping your writing fresh and in tune with the Holy Spirit?
Oh, thank you, Marja. All I can say is that I try desperately to pay attention to the Holy Spirit's nudges and guidance. Spending time at the feet of the Lord is essential.

Do you have any new publication plans for your work?
Ready or Not...Here I come will be out, along with an e-book, in several months. I also have a daily devotional that is sitting on the back burner, just stewing. Waiting to be stirred and finished.

What role does your faith in God play in your daily life?
Oh, my! If I didn't have my faith in the Lord, I wouldn't be able to live in peace as I do. The Lord is my everything, my every heartbeat, my every breath, my every thought. It is only by His power that I am able to get up every morning!

Do you have any authors or specific books that have been an inspiration to you?
I love Max Lucado's books. One book by Ken Gire is so wonderful that I read it for inspiration on a regular basis. It's called Moments with the Savior. There have been so many others over the years. It would be difficult to list them.
If you had one protege, what would be the 3 main principles for writing you would teach him or her?
Oh, wow! That's a real toughy! Hmmm...assuming s/he would be a Christian, I guess the principles might be, with an extra one thrown in...
  • Practice, practice, practice. Always work to improve your writing. Take courses if you can. Attend conferences. read books on how to improve your writing.
  • Never listen to the enemy's negativity when he throws out those "nobody will read what you write" or "you stink!"
  • Learn from everyone. Read! Read! Read!
  • Spend time with the Lord and listen to and obey His guidance. Remain sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading.
Any words of encouragement?
Whatever you do in life, whether you write, you're a mother, a doctor, or a garbage collector. always keep your focus on the Lord. Keep short accounts. Have a burial for your unforgiveness and bitterness. it blocks all you can do for God's glory. And two of my soapboxes...always keep a positive attitude and praise the Lord no matter what. These are essentials to living the kind of life God desires for each of us.
Oh, yes, and blessings to all!

*******************************
If you have never done so before, please visit Lynn's blog Heading Home and leave her a note! You'll always get a kind word in return! Thank you Lynn, for sharing your thoughts and part of your life's journey with us. Looking forward to the release of your book!

15 comments:

  1. Thank you, my sweet friend! You are so generous to have me as your guest today. Thank you for your kind words. Blessings to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview, Marja! So good to read Lynn's amazing testimony. Looking forward to the release of Heading Home, and I appreciate you mentioning the other books that provide inspiration to you, Lynn! God bless you mightily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marja, excellent interview.. Lynn's words were encouraging and inspiring. I loved how she said that she did not see herself as a writer, but God did. Thanks again for sharing :)

    http://ladyonaroof.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing. You really are. You're all over the place on the Internet, and your writing is super-productive and meaningful. And you do it all under the burden a condition that most of us can't even imagine living with. Thank you expending the effort to share your wisdom and your kindness with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you're right, Lynn is all over the place on the internet. She keeps popping up everywhere and her inspired writing seems without end! She is an inspiration to many and she deserves to be in the spotlight this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that she didn't see herself as a writer. God did, though. And what a blessing that he did. :) Nice interview. I came over from Maria Morgan's blog. Love the atmosphere over here. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in tears. You all are so sweet and generous with your words. You have truly blessed me today. Truly! My heart thanks you. Blessings to each one of you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marja & Lynn -

    Thank you for a wonderful, indepth interview.

    I've seen you, Lynn, here and there in the blogosphere, but I'd like to get to know you better. I'll pop over to your blog soon.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Susan! I'm honored. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynn! Wonderful interview. Love your blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful interview! Always good to learn about other writers, where they've been, where they're headed.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, dear Lorrie! Thanks so much! Love you more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much, Karen! Blessings in return!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to reading more of what you hear the Spirit saying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a blessing, especially the part about ignoring Satan's taunts of "you're not good enough" and "nobody cares about what you write." I know I battle that a lot, especially when God is really working on me (which is no coincidence, I know). Anyway, thanks for the reminder and the terrific interview!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.