Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving in the USA

I have learned this secret
This year Thanksgiving may have a different meaning for many people in the USA. Thousands have lost their homes in fires and floods or to foreclosure. Thousands have been laid off and are desperately seeking for new job opportunities. Others may have lost a loved one or are standing around one who is seriously ill. Whatever the case, I am sure they will celebrate Thanksgiving the best they can. Thanksgiving doesn't disappear because things are difficult or different from last year. It will make us re-focus and find new things to be grateful for. It will bring us closer to God who will provide all our needs. The Bible teaches us in Philippians 4:11-13, I have learned to be satisfied with what I have. I know what it is to be in need and what it is to have more than enough. I have learned this secret, so that anywhere, at any time, I am content, whether I am full or hungry, whether I have too much or too little. I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.

2 comments:

  1. So much to be grateful for... mostly, that He is never different!!

    He is worthy to be praised.

    Happy Thanksgiving Marja :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's a thought worth pondering too Lorrie, thanks!
    Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.