Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Choose Life!

Crucial time in American history
"I would like to call for a little time-out this week"
Although I am not an American citizen and not registered to vote, I think election time is a great moment to think about the decisions we make, not just every 4 years or so, but on a daily basis. In everything we do or say we actually stand up for what we believe in. Whether it is God, coffee or a book we're reading. I come from a culture where we voice our opinions all the time, about everything. Yeah, even when no one asked! We are not afraid to discuss and debate hot topics as religion and politics. We can get passionate about the arts, history or simply the climate.
As human beings we pick, choose and vote all the time and it is good to ponder the options. That is why I would like to call for a little time out this week. Turn off the television and leave your newspaper on the doorstep. Go to the beach, the park or any place outdoors, and go for a walk. Clear your head and breathe in the fresh air and simply ask God what His will is. Make sure to listen ... He'll help you make the right decisions!
By the way, the current crucial time here in America reminds me of something Moses told the people of Israel. You can read his moving speech in the Book of Deuteronomy. In chapter 30:19 he sums it up with the following words: I am now giving you the choice between life and death, between God's blessing and God's curse, and I call heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Choose life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.