Thursday, January 04, 2024

My #oneword for 2024

Somewhere at the beginning of December, while journaling, I got the feeling that my #oneword for 2024 was going to be EXPAND.

Yeah, expand as in the prayer of Jabez. He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And then the Bible says: and God granted him his request. (You can read that in 1 Chronicles 4:10). Expand it will be.

But also expand as in Psalm 119:32, I will pursue your commands, for you expand my understanding. I love the fact that verse 32 is the last verse of the fourth stanza of that psalm. It is the section of Psalm 119 that represents the fourth letter of the Hebrew alphabet. That letter is (dalet) ד which means 'door'.

Whether I will be praying for God to expand my territory or my understanding or both, the main thing is that He is the One who opens doors. Doors for my mind, my work, my ministry, and my dreams.

I like the idea of expansion, as long as it is not my waist or weight 😁. I like the idea of God and I working on something. Maybe He will show me more, maybe He will show me where we are going!

Do you have a #oneword for 2024? I would love to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Marja, love it 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. My is somewhere near - and it "multiplication" ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that is a great one as well. We can add, God multiplies! Blessings.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.