Saturday, January 20, 2024

Travels, Jesus, and other gods

Last week I posted two pages from chapter one of my new book
'No other gods' on Facebook. Why?

First of all, to kindly introduce potential readers to my not-so-complicated writings 😁 Second of all, to give potential readers a taste of the journey they will travel when reading that book.

Each chapter in 'No other gods' starts with a memory from my own travel experiences over the past decades. India, Thailand, Egypt, Peru, and Bolivia.. each country with its own specific culture and religion (s).

And then there's the Bible. A book that describes a lot of traveling as well. Travels of the ancient Israelites throughout hostile lands, each with its own specific culture and religion(s).

In 'No other gods' I have woven all of this into a story about God, the Creator of the universe, the God of Israël. 'A warm story of truth', as someone on FB called it.

I am not saying anything negative about other cultures and religions but... I am saying a lot of positive about our God!

👉And then, I posted a giveaway last week. I collected your comments on FB, Instagram, and other social media outlets. The winner is: Colinda.

I will send you a free copy of 'No other gods' and I hope the book will encourage and inspire you in your own faith walk, for we are all sojourners, aren't we?!

4 comments:

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.