Saturday, December 23, 2023

The source of all comfort

Nothing beats the comfort of a baby in the arms of its mother. Peace, safety, warmth, and love, no matter what goes on all around.

Jesus in the arms of His mother Mary, receiving the very comfort He came to give to mankind. That is what most nativity scenes remind me of.

When I look around me in the world, I see so much need for comfort. No, not the comfort as in sitting in front of the TV with a bag of chips, but comfort as in solace, relief, encouragement.

There is so much suffering, so much loneliness and pain. There is chaos and disorder. To be honest, I wouldn't know what to do or where to go if it wasn't for my Jesus who brings me comfort and joy... no matter what goes on all around me.

πŸ‘‰The Bible says that God is the source of all comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3) so why wouldn't people flock to Him? He gives peace in chaos, comfort in pain, and love when all seems lost. Why wouldn't people consider the baby in the manger, the wonderful counselor, the prince of peace?

He is the hope of the nations and He wants to heal your heart. Jesus can and will calm any storm!

πŸŽ‡Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Marja: Thank you for this message. We do need comfort in our lives. A friend of mine just informed us that her mother, age 96 or 97, has been placed in hospice care. Please pray for Mary Ann and her mother Sally. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cecelia, I hope your Christmas was enjoyable (merry) :) and that Mary Ann found comfort in knowing that God is watching over us all.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.