Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Core values of a Christian life

With the publication of 'No other gods', the book series I have been working on since 2004 has been completed (yeah!) Ten books, each book dealing with one of the Ten Commandments.

While working on 'No other gods' the idea came to me to compose a set of ten core values, based on the topics of my books. You can find them in the back of 'No other gods'.

I have called them the Ten Core Values of a dedicated and fruitful Christian life and of course, they can be summed up in one word: LOVE.

I believe these values sum up what it means to fulfill the Law in love. Mind you, we don't live by rules, we live by the leading of God's Spirit as I have described in each book practically and simply.

Core values are fundamental beliefs that we live out in our daily behavior. As I have explained in this book series, it is one thing to say we are not thieves but it is another thing to be a generous giver. It is one thing to not give a false testimony but it is another thing to always speak truth. It is one thing to say we are not killers but it is another thing to love and value life.

Well, you get the point, right? Of course, the Ten Commandments have not changed, but the way we make them come true is totally different under the New Covenant. Merely obeying or keeping a set of rules can turn into legalism. Fulfilling the ancient writings in a life of love is a different story, as Jesus showed us by the life He lived.

👉It is my prayer to see a Christianity based on these biblical core values with love (God) as the motivator and inspiration behind everything we do!

2 comments:

  1. This core value list sounds very interesting. Thank you for all you do to remind us of God and what He expects from us. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks |Cecelia, I am still working on a graphic where I connect each commandment with a book and a core value. Post it soon. Wishing you a peaceful Christmas.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.