Saturday, October 01, 2022

Origin, existence, intention...

Life's main questions are being answered in the Word of God; that is... if one decides to take time to read the ancient words of wisdom and prophecy.

Who am I?  Where do I come from and where am I going? What is my purpose here on earth? Just a few questions that have intrigued generations upon generations. I read somewhere that many people today struggle with existential questions.

The other day I came across a scripture that I had to read at least three or four times. Wow, so much truth and revelation in one verse! I am talking about Romans 11:36,

For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.

There you have it, three in one.

  • Origin: everything comes from Him. It reminds me of John 1:3 where it is written about Jesus, God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. Our very origin is with God, how awesome is that?!
  • Existence: everything exists by His power. That reminds me of Colossians 1:17 where it is written about Jesus, He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. If it wasn't for His power, everything would have fallen apart a long time ago!
  • Intention: everything is intended for His glory. And that reminds me of 1 Corinthians 8:6 where it is written, There is one God, the Father, by whom all things were created, and for whom we live. And there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created, and through whom we live. Our lives are no coincidence, not random, and not to be lived without purpose. We live for God through Jesus and that brings great joy and fulfillment.
Well, I don't know about you, but I am super encouraged by the richness of this verse.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Thank you. You packed a lot of insights into that short post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely encouraging, Marja! In Him we live, move and have our being.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatiful thoughts on who God is and what is His job. Peace and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecelia! Appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.