Saturday, September 24, 2022

The value of Christian books

Some Christians are critical, quite critical I've noticed. Especially when it comes to judging other Christians who have some sort of ministry.

I come across critical comments about Christian authors, preachers, and musicians on social media quite often, which is pretty sad and tiring (let me know whether you agree or disagree).

πŸ‘‰If you don't like someone's preaching, writing, or singing... pick something else! Don't criticize the work of others, certainly not if you haven't produced anything yourself. I don't see why that is so difficult.

Personally, I πŸ’—to listen to various teachers and preachers, and I love to read books written by believers. When I need encouragement, healing, faith, or empowerment in my own life, I read certain authors. Yes, the ones I know will lift me up and inspire me.

The other day I was contemplating the value of Christian books. We are so blessed to be able to choose from a wide variety of authors whose writing helps us in our own faith walk. I often forward books that have helped me to others. I write reviews on Goodreads and sometimes on this blog.

And yes, of course I get encouraged when I receive positive notes from people who have read my books. Whether we write, preach, pray, encourage, or make music, we minister to others. Not to everyone, but to a specific person or audience. If we would all do so, we would cover the earth with God's love.

If you are one of those who enjoys my writing, make sure to watch the promo video and the book trailer of my latest book First Love! THANKS πŸ˜€

4 comments:

  1. Marja: I enjoy the devotional books written by preachers of earlier times. Oswald Chambers is one of my favorites. My best friend and I refer to him by his first name because we like him so well. A. W. Tozer is also one of my favorites. Their messages are right for us even today. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for your comments Cecelia, I love the old preachers as well, so inspiring. They gave their lives for the gospel, still an example for us today!

      Delete
  2. I do enjoy your writing, Marja, and I will be ordering First Love.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Martha Jane, I feel honored!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.