Friday, July 23, 2010

Cheerful givers...

A life without money problems
This coming fall, the 4th book in the series about the Ten Commandments will be published. I have called it Grace of Giving and Tate Publishing is currently working on the cover. The book offers a New Testament view of the 8th Commandment. Not stealing is merely being obedient to the Law, cheerfully giving is fulfilling the Law! Now that all edits are final, I keep finding more scriptures about the subject of giving. In Proverbs 11:24-25 it says,

One man gives freely, yet gains even more. Another witholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper, he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

I love that, a new Testament principle in Old Testament times. Jesus teaches us in Luke 6:38

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.

Giving is the key to a life without moneyproblems! I truly believe this. I can trust God to be faithful to His Word. That is a very encouraging thought, especially in times of economic uncertainty: if we keep giving we will always have enough!
I dare you to take His Word serious!

5 comments:

  1. I can absolutely testify that this is true!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the barrel of oil all over again!
    I agree with you and Lorrie, it is true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, it's powerful to be in agreement!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your book! Woo-hoo! I sure wish you had an email subscription. I don't get out much any more! LOL Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. E-mail subscription? I will look into it Lynn, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.