Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Freedom in fulfillment

Seminar based on Sacred Sabbath
This weekend I spoke at the Church of the Living Christ in Ojai, CA about biblical time management. The mini seminar I gave was based on my first book Sacred Sabbath. I spoke about shifting the emphasis from keeping/obeying the Law to fulfilling the Law. After I gave some nuggets on how to apply that to having a day of rest after every six days of work, the participants journaled their thoughts (as my book suggests) and joined in group discussion. The response was awesome. I can truly say the light went on for many!
Every now and then people ask me why I write about the Ten Commandments. Didn't Jesus came to free us from the Law? Well, let me answer that question with another question. When Jesus gave us the new commandment to love one another as He loved us (John 13:34), was He commanding us to do something, yes or no? If your answer is no, you don't believe what Jesus said. If your answer is yes, you know what the commission is: love one another. Do you realize what that means, to love one another?
Love is the fulfillment of the Law (Romans 13:10). In loving others we fulfill the Law, just like Jesus did when He loved us.
The power point of the seminar is this: freedom in fulfillment!
That is His plan for this New Testament generation!

1 comment:

  1. There you go again.. speaking to a crowd! Don't know how you do it. I'm glad the seminar was a hit though. Sounds very interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.