Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Soaking

Renewal by the Holy Spirit
The other day I received a letter from my friend Brian, who serves with Chosen People Ministries in Israel. He had something interesting and encouraging to share which I do not want to withold from you.

"I am typically not a person who sees visions or has amazing dreams. However, recently while meditating on the Lord and His Word, I had an incredible vision I'd like to share.
I saw a huge, big white bathtub with white foam in the shape of clouds, and I was in it. I then began to have a wave of thoughts saying, "Bathe in His atonement, His grace, healing, hope, joy, love, promises, provision, Spirit and His Word."
Titus 3:5 came to my mind, which says He saved us not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Ruach Ha Kodesh (Holy Spirit). This was exciting and refreshing for me, to say the least. Maybe this word is for you as well?"

Well, refreshing is exactly the word that comes to mind! Sometimes we need to simply soak in His presence and goodness, so as to keep our focus on God and not on our works.

3 comments:

  1. That gave my face the smile it needed today! Thanks for sharing it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Definitely refreshing. :)

    Marja: I saw you over on Lynn Mosher's blog and had to stop by. It's been a while! I hope you're doing well and recognizing the blessings all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that uplift Marja.
    I needed that special blessing.
    I shall soak in the Holy Spirit today and read Titus too.
    Bless you my friend,
    Love,
    Wyn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.