Monday, December 08, 2008

Spiritual Connection

Not one thing in all creation was made without Him
At first I thought it was a crazy idea; writing a book about life before conception. How could I possibly back that up with biblical truths? Now that Breath of Life is there, I cannot see it any other way. I was inspired by what God told Jeremiah: Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart (Jeremaih 1:4) and also by the writings in Ecclesiastes 12:7 where it says, our bodies will return to the dust of the earth, and the breath of life will go back to God, who gave it to us. Well, there you have it, the biblical foundation for my latest book. God knows people before He formes them in the womb and the breath of life (the spirit) goes back to God, which tells me it has been there before. I have used these concepts throughout my book. The growing baby in the womb traverses from spiritual existence to natural existence, an extraordinairy journey, a process which I call the 'womb process'. Listen to him talking:

"I know God calls people to be important before they are even conceived! It could very well be that you never gave this a thought. After all, life before conception is kind of hard to imagine. As far as I am concerned, it is all I ever knew. The things I know are not considered earthly knowledge but rather heavenly wisdom. You see, around here we learn from the Living Word. I am not sure if you all are familiar with Him, but 'through Him God made all things; not one thing in all creation was made without Him'. See what I am talking about? The Living Word knows everything, because He existed before the world was created. He also existed long before He was conceived and received His destiny, His purpose for becoming a human being. Everything I know, I know because He told me, and I've never, ever heard such words, such wisdom, and such love for the people."

By the way, looking back through my blog posts, I noticed a Christmas meditation that I wrote some years back, it's about this spiritual connection.

2 comments:

  1. Marja, that verse in Jeremiah has always been a neat one to meditate on. It's almost more than a person can grasp but then..in comes that heavenly wisdom!
    I also wanted to say thank you for the encouraging words you are always so generous with. You bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorrie, you're so kind! Yeah, that verse in jeremiah has always intrigued me, it tells me something about God I cannot really grasp, it blows my mind! When reading scriptures like that, what can one do, but surrender :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.