Wednesday, September 12, 2007

All We Say and Do

What motivates us on a daily basis?
Sometimes (or should I say: often) the Bible holds some pretty radical statements. The other day I was reading in Colossians 3:17,
Everything you do or say, then, should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Everything I do or say? Well, that sums up all I can possibly think of. Personally I love these kind of words, because they trigger my thoughts. In the name of what do I do my daily chores? Do I sometimes say things in the name of impatience, frustration or anger? Do I sometimes work in the name of power, greed or simply money?
It is good to examine our motives, to find out what really drives us on a daily basis. It could be anything, it should be Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:18 AM

    Great topic, Marja. When I question things in my life that I am doing or saying I usually phrase my question, "Is this of the flesh"?, or "Is this from "self"?"

    The Spirit lets me know whether what I am doing is of the flesh. Of course, this assumes that I am staying in the Word and and praying on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.