Thursday, November 17, 2011

Interview with Tracy Teppler

Over the past year I have interviewed a colorful variety of fellow bloggers. I have asked them about their drive, their dreams and their devotion to God.

A few months ago I started following Tracy Teppler's blog My Daily Walk in His Grace. Tracy is from South Africa and we e-mailed back and forth a few times in Afrikaans, a language quite close to my native Dutch language. Her blog is relatively young (even according to web standards) and already a real treasure in the Christian blogging world. Tracy's writing is direct, pure and often un-edited, as she calls it. I love it! I am so honored and pleased to introduce Tracy to you all, Please enjoy!

Please, introduce yourself… anything special we need to know about Tracy Teppler? 
I’m a daughter of the Most High God, wife , mother to 2 teenage daughters, and a friend. I live in Cape Town, South Africa and love it. At 42 I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up?!

How and when did you start your blog? 
I started blogging in March of this year. I was looking for Christian resources and Christian women's blogs. A friend and niece had blogs and I thought, “Why not me?” I got onto my PC and followed the prompts for starting a blog, and the rest has been an interesting journey to this point. 

What is your drive behind blogging? What do you hope to accomplish? 
At first it was a place to put down my feelings and write down what I discovered about myself and God through my quiet times. And then I started linking up (as I learnt how to do these things!) with other ladies and decided I needed to formulate why I was here and what I wanted to achieve with this blog as others would be seeing it. So I started asking myself those questions and came up with my “ My Blog Goals”. 
Over the years I have asked God what it is that is my gift, what is it that He would have me do, and I believe the answer to that question is that I encourage other women. Christian women, any women! And in blogging I have found the platform to do that and I am finding now, after 8 ½ months of blogging, old friends are seeing me in a new light and trusting me with their hearts and hurts and asking me to pray with and for them. My new bloggy friends also seem to feel comfortable with opening up to me. I am so humbled and I feel I am where God wants me to be right now. What do I hope to accomplish? 
Encourage others, Point people to God, Give Him ALL the glory. Open lines of communication up with like-minded people and be available for those who hurt. 

Your writings are fresh and honest, do you have any aspirations to publish a book or story? 
Over the years the thought has come to mind every now and then to “write a book” but I don’t have the imagination to write a ‘novel.’ I remember an English teacher once telling us the best way to write is from experience and my life in general has been fairly normal so no huge experiences to draw from for a novel! About a month before I started blogging I started to type up some sort of daily devotional thinking that maybe, someday, I could put it all together and submit it as an annual devotional. 
Then I started blogging and my first blogs drew from that source. And then an amazing blogger/published author by the name of Marja asked me if I’d ever considered writing a book. I still can’t get the smile off my face. However, the cogs in the mind started turning and in answer to your question, Yes, I do have aspirations (NOW) to publish a book! One that brings glory to God! 

What role does your faith in God play in your daily life? 
It plays a major role. Not a day goes by where I don’t question my motives, question my actions and try to view them through how my faith should have me behave. Daily I fail, daily I acknowledge I am nothing without Christ. In the past I’d have a pity party and it’d take a while to swing out of it. These days I still go there, but I acknowledge it and start reading the word, turn up my praise music and thank God for everything I can think of (even if its just breathing in and out), and I can see my attitude changing and balance being restored. Yes, my faith plays a big part in my daily life. 

Top three on your ‘places-to-visit’ list… 
Hmmm, Israel, Victoria Falls (in Zimbabwe) - I was born in Rhodesia (now Zim) and Switzerland .

Who would you like to interview? Why? 
Honestly, I have no interest in any famous figures. I would love to interview people who have overcome difficulties because of Christ and despite what they have been through, the love of Christ just shines through. People like: Anne Frank, Corrie Ten Boom. Maybe Billy Graham - ask him how he has remained true where so many others have failed.

Do you have any authors or specific books that have been an inspiration to you? 
Helen Andelin - Fascinating Womanhood. Francine Rivers - Anything by her. Joyce Meyer.

Any words of encouragement to us bloggers? 
Keep on doing what you are doing. You are encouraging people who you don’t even know visit your blogs. My encouragement to other Christian bloggers is to always keep it about Christ and always keep it positive and honest. Sometimes, the pain or hurt you have been through draws someone else to Christ. And that is a most humbling thought to consider.

Thanks Tracy, for being so open with us. It was a joy to have you and I am glad our communication has inspired you to think big when it comes to writing a book!
Please, visit Tracy's blog My Daily Walk in His Grace and leave her an encouraging comment. 

18 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this interview. I will have to hop over to Tracy's blog and check it out. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Tracy's blog! Thanks for posting this interview as I loved reading about her inspiration and her heart for this blogging ministry! I know God is doing a wonderful work through her!

    Thanks Marja!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marja, I am so glad that you did this interview! The reason why is I felt led to interview woman as well and I have asked them but since I am very new to blogging and the blogosphere- I feel encouraged with seeing your example! I am doing a series on Inspiring Women starting this month...Will follow you now- I am over from newly following My Daily Walk In His Grace! Wonderful interview and lovely "subject" being Tracy! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy has a great blog and an awesome ministry! Great interview!!
    Blessings,
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent interview. I love Tracy's heart for the Lord. Many blessings!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible interview! Tracy, your articles are always such an encouragement to me and I am so blessed to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marja, pleasure to meet you. Enjoyed learning more about Tracy. Her heart for Christ shines through on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your kind words, this surely encourage me, and I am sure Tracy as well :)
    I have enjoyed her blog from day 1 and I think she deserves a thumbs up for doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn, go for it. Interviews are fun and inspiring, they create traffic and a buzz... and they prepare for future publicity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful interview! It's great to get to know Tracy. :) I'm with Tracy, still in some ways not sure what I want to be when I grow up. Have a great weekend, all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved getting to know sweet Tracy better! Tracy, you are such a blessing.

    Thank you, Marja and Tracy! Hugs to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In the blogging world we give each other awards, honor and comments, but an interview highlights the person behind the blog, right?! I wanted to put Tracy in the spotlight because her message is very sincere and pure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Tracy's blog and consider her a friend as well as blogger now. She truly points people to God. I began blogging in December and I was one of her first followers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great blog you have Shanda, I signed up, thanks to Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marja:

    Stopping by from Tracy's. I really enjoyed the interview and getting to know Tracy a little bit more. I love reading her blog.

    Many blessings to you!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1:08 PM

    Hi ladies - firstly, thank you Marja, you have opened my eyes to the possibility of reaching a dream. Secondly, ladies, thank you all for your generous words. Its YOUR encouragement and YOUR friendships that have helped me grow and given me confidence for what I feel God wants me to do - encourage others, and draw others to Christ! I am so glad that in linking up here you have found others to follow and encourage. That, for me, is awesome!
    God bless and have a great week further!
    Tracy
    Hey, Marja, thanks for taking care of the Paparazzi (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was a true pleasure to have you here Tracy. All the kind words written about you and your blog are a testimony by itself. Keep on writing girl, go for after your dream, be encouraged and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6:13 AM

    Lovely article! Tracy, u are a true friend, beautiful person, and such an inspiration. I love that God radiates in and through you! And that God is the centre of ur universe! Glad we are family!! X Jacqui X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.