Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blogging buzz....

Thanking, thinking, pondering
It's Wednesday, my day to work at home. The sun didn't come out, so slept in (a little), which basically means I lay there thinking and pondering... My most brilliant ideas don't come early in the morning :), but today however I decided to post another blogging buzz. There simply is too much fun stuff going around that needs to be shared. here we go:
  • First of all, a big thank you to all who took the time to read the interview with Susan Reinhardt. We are thankful for all your sweet comments!
  • I know some of you bloggers are active on Goodreads as well. As of last year I am the moderator of the Christian Non-Fiction Books Group on Goodreads. It's growing and we have some very interesting topics in our active discussions. "Amidst the romance, thrillers, Sci-fi and YA this group offers room for discussion on faith & spiritual growth topics. After all, life is more than entertainment..." There is room for recommendations, we are looking for good devotionals and small group study books and as of yesterday you can add your blog! You don't need to be a member to see the topics, but you will have to open a Goodreads account if you want to join the group; which is really not a bad idea if you are an avid reader and/or writer.
  • I love international blogging contacts. This week I stumbled upon an excellent blog, all the way in South Africa. Feel free to check out Tracy's blog, My daily walk in His Grace.
  • If you are on Twitter and enjoy inspirational quotes from a Christian perspective, try CSLewisDaily for some healthy writing.
  • Saturday July 23rd I'll be picking a winner in the book give-away at Toni Nelson's blog Press On. She asked me 5 thought provoking questions :) and posted the interview on her blog. If you would like to win a free copy of Grace of Giving, hop over and leave a comment!
Happy blogging!

6 comments:

  1. Great links to share. Have a super week! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Hi Marja - thanks for the kind words. I look forward to checking out your blog on a regular basis.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Tracy, I really like your blog too, and will be visiting again :)
    Blessings,
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marja -

    Thanks again for your kindness.

    You made a comment about fiction being entertainment. While that's certainly true, it also serves to bring forth truth through the vehicle of storytelling. Jesus used parables and illustrations to communicate various principles.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right Susan, I guess I have to change my words because that is not what I meant (all fiction being entertainment). That would be silly, because my book BREATH OF LIFE is fiction, but certainly not entertainment. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.