Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Living in or running to the shelter?

In my previous post (Crush that serpent!) I wrote that Psalm 91 is one of my favorite psalms. I keep finding new insights, truths, and wisdom there 😁. Don't you love it when that happens?

I mean, let's take verse one... If you read the Bible regularly, you should know this verse.

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Some translations say 'those who dwell in the shelter...' It is a verse of promise and comfort and safety. I love to meditate on those words.

Then, the thought came to me πŸ‘‰the shelter of the Most High is not a place we run to when in trouble, when afraid, or when panic hits.

No! It is a place where we live, a place where we dwell continuously. It is a permanent place. It is the only place where we will find rest, but not when we have the habit of rushing in and out.

When in trouble, danger, or pain, everyone calls for God (even if it is using swear words) and He is so loving and gracious that He will come to the rescue. But His true will for us is that we live in His shelter, that we dwell in His presence.

It is kind of what I wrote in my post Rush or linger? a few weeks ago. I want to leave you (again) with that thought: Does He have a permanent place in your life?

6 comments:

  1. "Living for Jesus a life that is true, striving to please Him in all that I do." This hymn came to my mind and heart as I read your blog entry. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know that Hymn Cecelia, but I will look it up, thank you for adding that!

      Delete
  2. We are not to simply visit the shelter of His wings, we are meant to dwell there. Great thoughts, Marja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha Jane, a permanent place to be, I love that idea.

      Delete
  3. Psalm 90, "A Prayer of Moses, the man of God" begins, "Lord, *thou* hast been our dwelling-place in all generations". So we see how we progress through the psalms.
    Christ as a Man is the example in living under the shadow of the Almighty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Immanuel, God with us... always, what a promise, what a comfort. Thank you David.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.