Thursday, April 07, 2022

Teach me (5)

In my previous blog post (part 4 in this series) we looked at Psalm 86:11. David wrote 'Teach me Your ways' and he added a request for purity of heart. Oh, may that be our prayer as well.

I truly believe it is a godly attribute when we desire to be taught. We can read the request for wisdom over and over again throughout the Bible. it was the cry of our forefathers: Teach me. Let's look at Psalm 119:66,

I believe in your commands; now teach me good judgment and knowledge.

Do we believe in the Lord's commands? His command to love Him above all else, to love others as ourselves, not to worry, to forgive others as we have been forgiven...? I am just naming a few. If the answer is yes, let's go on.

Teach me good judgment and knowledge. Not just judgment, but good judgment. I think we are in dire need of that. There is so much going on in the world; it is often hard to figure out what is real and what is fake. 👉We need good judgment, not so that we can judge people, but rather that we will be able to judge circumstances.

The same is true for knowledge. We do not need more knowledge so we can brag about how clever we are. No, we rather need knowledge about the ways of the Lord. Why? Because the ways of the world lead to death, we can see that all around us, but God's ways lead to life! 

Check out my Psalm 119 daily devotions on YouTube!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Lord, teach me Your ways that I might be truly wise!
    Blessings, Marja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you Martha, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I believe God teaches us through many different avenues of life. Even when we mess up, we always have a lesson to learn. I am reading a book that I will be reviewing this month that has taught me a lesson that I seem to have forgotten. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll be looking forward to your review Cecelia!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.