Saturday, September 11, 2021

Too much talking...

Well, I should have turned my recent blog posts into a blog series right away 😏 A series about the choices we make in our thinking, seeing, and hearing.

Today, I want to add our talking. The choices we make when we open our mouths. What are we talking about? What is our main conversation of the day?

Jesus said: Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). 👉So we speak of the things that are bountiful in our hearts.

Let's turn that around.... So if we want good, beautiful, wise, noble, and encouraging words to come out of our mouths, it is only logical that we should fill our hearts with these thoughts first.

And yes, that goes back to the previous three blogs. By consciously choosing what we think about, look at and listen to, we fill our hearts.

By consciously choosing what we allow or don't allow to enter, we feed our hearts. Just as we consciously choose whether or not to eat or drink certain things to keep our bodies healthy.

We should ask ourselves 'what am I full of?' Is it sports, work, vacation, politics, headlines, fear, doubt, or anger? What are the things we can talk about enthusiastically, passionately, worryingly, or negatively for hours? The things we talk about every day, do say something about the state of our hearts...

[Make sure to read my blog post on our hearts as the wellspring of life!] 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marja. Amen. May we full our hearts with what is in God`s heart and in His word.
    And may we speak of His goodness to all we meet! Blessings and Love in Yeshua, Joanne ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, I love that... speaking of His goodness to all we meet, and not about the world's madness!

      Delete
  2. May the goodness of God fill our hearts that we might speak His truths to the world.
    Blessings, Marja!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marja: When I think of words to use, I try to think of Philippians 4:8. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Even then, I sometimes slip up and say something I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that sometimes quite difficult as well Cecelia, to fill my mind with these thoughts. Thank God for His Word!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.