Wednesday, June 30, 2021

150 short devotions on the psalms

I can't believe I did it, but over the past months, I recorded 150(!)🤩short (two-minute) video devotions, one on each psalm, and posted them on my YouTube channel and IGTV.

As I mentioned before, my one word for 2021 is connect, and to make that practical I started this project, #apsalmaday. The thoughts in the back of my mind were: 'We all need encouragement and we need to stay connected to avoid isolation. The Word both encourages and connects.'

So, I began taping short messages on the psalms. Unedited, raw, spontaneous, and simple thoughts, encouraging the viewer to read the psalms for themselves and to ask the Holy Spirit for fresh insights. My friend Martin Podolák provided English (and Slovak) subtitles👌which made it easier to follow for people who have English as their second or third language.

I can highly recommend a journey 👣through the psalms, especially in this time we live in. You will be able to relate to so many thoughts, prayers, and emotions. You will be blessed, your faith will rise, I promise! And the best thing is, you can start any day or just pick a random psalm, however you want to do it.

📌Link to the playlist



5 comments:

  1. I've missed so many, Marja that I'm going to save this link so I can listen to all of them. What an accomplishment!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha, you can watch one, some or all psalms any time! They are on YouTube. So, whenever you need encouragement, go to my YouTube channel :)

      Delete
  2. Mazel Tov (Congratulations!) Marja for completing the whole series of 150 Psalms!! Wow, that is such an accomplishment! Adding blessings along with Martha`s! May the LORD bless you as you continue to seek Him in His word and bring out new insights to share and `connect`。May He bless the Psalms project and multiply that many more will continue to be blessed thru the work of your hands and the meditations of your heart!! May He guide you and show you how to share more of His word and your love for Him in new unique plans and projects!! Thank you!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Joanne, thank you for your blessings and kind words. It feels strange now that the series is finished, each morning I would post a psalm and reply to viewers who commented (mainly on FB). Anyway, I will do a separate series on Psalm 119 later this month, where we will also learn the Hebrew alphabet.

      Delete
  3. I've done it many times (but not like this, with the videos), but I was amazed again how accurate and timely they are, like they were written for the time we live in! Have a blessed weekend as well, greetings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.