Saturday, November 03, 2018

God, a mystery revealed (2)

"If there is no God, there is no reason for our existence and if there is no reason for it, there is no hope," I wrote in my previous blog post as an introduction to this new blog series in which we examine the supremacy of Christ. .

The Bible passage that I use for this series is Colossians 1:5-20. Verse 15 begins beautifully: Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. In that one sentence we find the key to believing in God or not ... Jesus Christ has made God visible, has made Him known. We must go to Him with all our questions about God, eternity and the purpose of our existence.

That same verse continues like this:

He is the first-born Son, superior to all created things.

Some translations say: the firstborn over all creation. Jesus as always been there. His time on earth (about 2000 years ago) was only a very small part of His eternal existence. As if we were allowed to peek inside his life. He is and will always be superior to all created things.

Shortly before Jesus was taken prison, He prayed to the Father for all believers and said: Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world (John 17:24).

What a great prayer! The love of God was there before anything came into existence! Which makes perfect sense when we consider that the Bible says that God is love. It is with that same love that He loves the world (all people) 💖 ... yes, even if you reject him!

4 comments:

  1. Marja: This will be an interesting series. "Christ is the visible image of the invisible God," has a lot of power for those of us who believe in Him. That one thought keeps me calm when I face difficulties. Peace and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That thought keeps me calm too Cecelia, it is such an encouragement and comfort. Thanks for reading along, I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Cecelia, this looks like it'll be an interesting series. I've been meditating on how His power dwells in us, and this ties right in. Thanks so much for sharing, and for your kind comments on my blog. You're a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Karen and reading along.

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.