Monday, July 30, 2012

Final cover My Neighbor's House

Once a year (more or less) a writer has the privilege to share the cover of his or her upcoming book with the audience. Today that privilege is mine :) YES!

Last week we finalized the cover of my upcoming book My Neighbor's House, the 5th book in my series on the Ten Commandments. It will be a few more months before the book is available for pre-sales... but hey, I don't mind looking at this beautiful cover for a while. It gives me time to get used to the idea that yet another book will be added to this growing series.

Fragment of the blurb on the back cover:
What do we do with the old pages of Exodus 20 in this current age and time? How do we apply them in our daily life? It is one thing to say, “Oh, I don’t envy my neighbor, his house, car, or wife. I don’t desire what someone else has.” But come to think of it, what do you desire? What are the desires of your heart? Are you passionate for the right things?

Tell me... what do you think, eye catching cover or not? How do you choose a cover?

17 comments:

  1. I love it, Marja! It's beautiful. Congrats on yet another book! We'll have to do a post featuring you on my blog when the time comes.

    Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love that Karen, I am waiting for the release date. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. I like the colors. I can't remember. Who do you publish with? Do you know when it will be released?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit! I publish with Tate in Oklahoma. I do not have a release date yet.

      Delete
  3. It must be so fun to see the cover of your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and ultimately holding the book in your hands... that's even better :)

      Delete
  4. Bedankt voor je reactie op m'n blog.
    Ik dacht steeds geen beelden nodig te hebben t.a.v. abortus, maar merk nu dat er een snaar extra in mijn hart is geraakt door het bewust kijken naar zo'n foto.
    Ik hoop dat jouw boek in de bieb verkrijgbaar is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik zou niet weten hoe boeken eigenlijk in de bieb terecht komen...

      Delete
  5. Beau-ti-ful! Congratulations on another book! You are awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, for being such a cheer leader!

      Delete
  6. Love it, Marja! Beautiful flowers and gorgeous color! Looking forward to your book's release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you maria for your kind words. I am looking forward to it too!

      Delete
  7. Those colors, those shades, are / were Hollie's favorite color! Beautiful! Thank-you! I can hardly wait to read this one. I will be watching for its release date. All these books & I still haven't written my first! I am very happy for you, though! Love, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, and you know... it's not too late yet to write :)

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.