|Cover of my first Dutch book|
Writing is a multi-faceted business
Today I am following the example of blogging friend Susan Reinhardt who has just posted her 161st Friday Round-up on her blog Christian Writer/Reading Connection. I love Fridays with Susan, she always has the coolest links to other blogs and websites.
My Friday round-up is more of an update on works in progress. The last few weeks have been really busy here in our small house in Holland. Many projects are pending, and I am learning that the life of a writer is not just reclining at a desk and thinking up new stuff to share with the readers. As a matter of fact, I am learning that writing is a multi faceted business. Just to mention a few of the projects I am working on:
- Next week my first Dutch book will be released in Holland. It is the translation of my book Breath of Life and is called Levensadem. My Dutch publisher gave it a new cover, which I think is absolutely awesome! We have scheduled a book presentation on July 4th 2011, also our wedding anniversary!
- I am ready to review and edit my fifth book in the USA and I am planning to send it to Tate Publishing within the next few weeks. The work title is My Neighbor's House and it deals with the 10th commandment.
- Because sales are going well, I have scheduled another book give-away on Goodreads, I am giving away three copies of Grace of Giving and one copy of Breath of Life. Feel free to check it out if you are on Goodreads. Just for fun I like to give away a free copy of my book Respectfully Yours on this weblog, why not! All you have to do is leave a comment and your email address and share this post on any other social media. I'll ask my husband to pick a winner next week!
- Last week a new web community has been introduced here in Holland, called Jarsons. I am co-owner of this internet business and wrote most of the web content. Although the website is currently only available in the Dutch language, feel free to take a look. Talent development is our main goal.
- I am also writing the web content for our new non profit Traveling Light. The blog is still under construction, but definitely worth visiting. The first project that we want to sponsor is the purchase of a rehabilitation center for men in Ukraine, the Onyfrievka project!
- I just received an e-mail from Readers Favorite informing me that my book Grace of Giving is one of the contestants in the Readers Favorite 2011 Award Contest. By August 1st 2011 I will receive a list with the finalists. So, please pray with me for favor :)
As I a juggle to find balance between my part time job and this writing business I am happy to say that I love all this action! I am expecting big things and have decided long ago that I am willing to pay the price. Have you?