Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thoughts on Writing

She'll do it :)
The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think.
[Edwin Schlossberg]
This week I have been working on the edits of my new book, Grace of Giving, that will be released later this year. The 4th book in the series about the Ten Commandments in the 21st century. I couldn't help but notice that sometimes I still struggle with the subject of my writings. When people ask me what my books are all about, I always hesitate... almost as if ashamed. Maybe it is because I have seen and heard the same reaction over and over again... 'oh, the Ten Commandments... interesting" and off he or she goes, away from me.
Come to think of it, I can't blame them, simply because I do represent an odd combination. I am a charismatic believer, I am a woman and I do NOT write about marriage or kids, I write about the Law from a Holy Spirit point of view, go figure! Sometimes I wonder if my assignment is part of the Lord's humor, "We need some fresh thoughts on the Old Book, let's ask Marja, she'll do it!
And He was right, as always!

2 comments:

  1. You've got that right, Marja.
    God knows the best person to stimulate our thinkg and our interest.
    Tell me when I can order your new book. Go Girl!!!
    Blessings,
    Wyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made my day Wyn!! Thank you for your precious comments on my books/blogs, I am really thankful for internet friends like you. If there is any way I can help you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.