Sunday, June 13, 2010

Make your own devotional

Colorful coffeetable book

I have hidden your words in my heart [Psalm 119:11]
Last year I made my own devotional. I treasure it, it is a wonderful coffeetable book and I open a different page every day! I have written many diaries over the last few years, but this is the first one that does not hold my words, but His!
I started with a blank journal and stacks of magazine clippings: pictures, words, symbols, anything! I added scripture, a different word or promise every day. Now I have a colorful book that is very inspirational, not only because it is handmade, but also because it holds the wonderful promises of God! Sometimes I linger at a page for days and soak in the words. Hey, this was a project I still enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. VERY neat idea Marja. My own voice is silent right now for some reason. Perhaps I need to focus more on His words instead of mine. I am going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tha's exactly what happened to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea, Marja.
    I have nevr kept a diary or a journal. I am not disciplined enough.
    My sister has just written to tell me to do something like this, so it looks as if God is telling me something.
    Blessings,
    Wyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wyn, good to see you here. This might be a project you enjoy, you could even write poems in between, just make it a scrapbook betrween you and God! You'll love doing it and it is soothing!
    Stay strong my friend! May the Lord's love surround you wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.