Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Motto 2010

Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power!
As I was setting my threefold goal for 2010 (spirit, soul, and body) I realized I needed more than sheer willpower (or good intentions) to accomplish this. Let’s face it: willpower will work, for a while at least, but will wear you out at the same time. Good intentions…. Well, they are nothing compared to the smallest deed!
So, this is where my motto for 2010 comes in:
Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power! (Ephesians 6:10)
I want to be spiritually, emotionally and intellectually, and physically strong and I know that I can grow towards that goal with the help of Almighty God and His Holy Spirit power! I desire to seek my strength in Him and His Word, not in my accomplishments, ideas, gifts or talents. I desire to become stronger in my faith, stronger in my trust in Him and stronger in living a disciplined life!
In 2010 I want to rely on the Holy Spirit’s power in everything I do and say. For me personally, that means: more breath prayers, less automatic pilot, total surrender.
Hey, I am excited about getting stronger. I do not want to be where I was last year, I want to grow and change. Philippians 2:13 says that God is always at work in me to make me willing and able to obey His own purpose.
I want to work with Him, not against Him and this motto will be a great reminder throughout the coming year!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful goals for the new year.. all of them. I want those things as well and I know it means being more deliberate about abiding :-) Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practically translated my goals are:
    1) become a better listener (spirit)
    2)advance in learning hebrew (soul/mind)
    3)go hiking (body)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS! #1 is all I could face!
    I am hanging on to the words, 'By the power of His might'. Without that my score will be zero.

    You have set me thinking, Marja, can I, could I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do anything Wyn, age is no excuse for the children of God :) (plenty of examples in the Bible!)
    Let me know if you think of something, and I pray it will give you joy !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.