Thursday, September 03, 2009

Be transformed!

When the impossible looks logical
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind
Romans 12:2

Transformation doesn’t happen in a second. Well, at least not in real life. It is a process of learning and growing and adjusting to new Kingdom standards and principles. Yet, sometimes I wonder: am I there yet?
I heard Bill Johnson (Bethel Church, Redding, CA) recently say: “You know when your mind has been renewed when the impossible looks logical”.
Well, that certainly made me think! How many 'impossibilities' do I encounter in my life? Do I truly believe that with God ALL things are possible?! I must not try to understand everything and all that is going on in my Christian life, but surely it means I must expand my vision, expect the unexpected and be ready for supernatural things to invade my life. Stop putting God in a box!
If we still worry about the same things we worried about 5 years ago, there is no renewal taking place. If we still get frustrated because we bump into dead ends all the time, we are not being transformed! Let's pray with the Psalmist,
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me
(Psalm 51:10)

4 comments:

  1. A great post, Marja.
    It really set me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing with writing posts is that they make me think too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marja - wonderful post! You have such a fabulous way of bringing spiritual nuggets to the palm of my hand for examination. I want to mature! So often it does seem like I am never going to grow up... Yet, I know He is with me and will never leave me. I am so grateful for His mercy and grace :-)
    Blessing to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lorrie, thanks for your kind words! Yes, it's so good to know He never leaves us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.