Thursday, February 15, 2007

Love is the key

How do I want to be treated?
In my newest book Respectfully Yours a lot of questions are being asked to make the reader think. The key question is: how do I want to be treated?
God expects us to have a certain attitude towards our parents and others, not as a result of what they have done to us (good or bad) but as an example of Christ's love in us. Jesus teaches us to shift our thinking when it comes to treating others with respect or love. We shouldn't ask: what has he or she done for me. We have to ask ourselves another question, namely: how do I want to be treated? If we want to be loved, we have to love. If we want to be respected, we have to respect. If we want to be obeyed, we have to obey.

Our attitude towards others should no longer be the result of past experiences, but the key to unlock future blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.