Friday, February 23, 2024

Are you a treasure seeker?

Job seekers, thrill seekers, freedom seekers, truth seekers... they are everywhere. What about treasure seekers? 

There was a time when we were backpacking all over the world. I found joy in collecting rocks, stones, and sea shells. I would fill my backpack with such treasures and then complain that it was too heavy to carry 😏

Most of the time I ended up tossing my treasures, lightening my load, and realizing life was easier that way.

I know, I know what the Bible says about collecting too much stuff: Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal (Matthew 6:19-20).

How do we store up our treasures in heaven? Why? Isn't heaven full of treasures? Maybe I will get the answers one day, who knows.

One thing I do know: God is not against treasures. Jesus is God's greatest treasure, and He sent Him down to live among mankind. He shared His greatest treasure with us. And I discovered that God wants us to go on a treasure hunt! Seriously.

The Bible says about Jesus: In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3). I don't know about you, but I can't really grasp that truth. All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Jesus.

In a world where wisdom and knowledge have degraded to nothing more than a false pretense, I want to be a treasure seeker for the wisdom from above! Simply because stuff will lose its value and disappear but wisdom will last forever.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

COMMANDMENT
You shall not covet

BOOK
My Neighbor's House

CORE VALUE
Wisdom
We do not desire the things of this world but seek after spiritual virtues such as wisdom.

4 comments:

  1. I choose to be a Peace Seeker. I have tired of all the hubbub I have had in my life and have read about in the world. And yet, I don't believe I have stuck my head in the sand. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A peace seeker, I like that Cecelia. It is something to go after, simply because the Bible says: Blessed are the peace makers... Thanks for your thoughtful comment.

      Delete
  2. Ik sluit me aan als treasure seaker, ik vind het een geweldig avontuur. God is zo veelzijdig, zo geweldig bijzonder mooi !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja heerlijk he, om samen met Hem op avontuur te gaan!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.